James has over twenty years of experience as an asbestos and hazardous materials consultant from both Australia and the United Kingdom.
James was the Quality and Technical Manager of National Britannia furthering his career as General Manager for Resource and Environmental Consultants (REC Limited) in the UK where he managed the asbestos risk management services within the group. After transitioning to Australia to his role at Noel Arnold & Associates, James worked as the Practice Manager of a team of property risk consultants in asbestos risk assessment and auditing then on to open iRisC where he is now Managing Director. James’ key skills include staff training and system compliance auditing, development of asbestos management programs (for organisations to demonstrate compliance) and communication of risk to key stakeholders and contractors.
Furthermore, James delivers effective management strategies for asbestos materials within the workplace to aid both facility and asset managers as well as local employers within the workplace.
M: 0438 378 288
|Areas of expertise||
|MemberShip||The British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) – Joined January 2005|
- University of Melbourne Carlton Connect Project, Project Manager ($1.1M) of the demolition and refurbishment survey work undertaken at the Former Women’s Hospital.
- Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Project Director of the asbestos abatement team undertaking asbestos and hazardous materials management of the redevelopment project.
- Grocon 85 Spring Project, Project Manager of the demolition survey work undertaken
- Brookfield Multiplex 570 Bourke Project, Preparation of a refurbishment audit, site specific specification for the abatement of asbestos and hazardous materials. Project Management throughout asbestos abatement process.
- MFB, Fire Station Number 1, Preparation of a refurbishment audit, site specific specification for the abatement of asbestos and hazardous materials. Project Management throughout asbestos abatement process.
- Myer Melbourne City Re-development Nov 07 – July 11 ($12.5M) Preparation of site specific specification for the abatement of asbestos and hazardous materials. Project Managing throughout asbestos abatement, Hazardous materials auditing and industrial relations running weekly site meetings and tool box talks.
- David Jones Melbourne City Re-development June 08 – June 09 ($750K) Preparation of site specific specification for the abatement of asbestos and hazardous materials. Project Managing throughout asbestos abatement, hazardous materials auditing and industrial relations.
- Managed asbestos auditing and abatement in Cyprus and Gibraltar on British Defence Force bases.
- Project management of major multi-site surveys for database production, including client management, surveying and technical review of the finished database.
- Project management in the UK for a major player in the leisure industry, organising programmed asbestos removals, liaising with both client and contractor for smooth running and finishing remedial works.
James brings a wealth of experience dealing with cumulative knowledge of asbestos issues, quality control and risk assessments conducted in all types of properties across Britain, Cyprus, Gibraltar and Australia.
James has attained third party industry certifications from the British Institute of Occupational Hygienists for asbestos auditing, asbestos risk management, and the removal of asbestos from buildings. He is also a NSW Licensed Asbestos Assessor.