Risk Communication, Induction & Training
Work Health and Safety legislation requires employers to consult with employees on issues that may affect their health and safety.
There are specific requirements for persons with control of a workplace to provide information and training to workers, contractors and others who may come into contact with asbestos containing materials (ACM) in that workplace.
Our Services Include:
- Labelling of identified and presumed asbestos containing materials in the workplace,
- Review or preparation of Asbestos Management Plans (AMP) that conform with the Code of Practice 'How to Manage and Control Asbestos in the Workplace' (Safe Work Australia 2011). The AMP comprises control measures required for identified and presumed ACM, and clearly assigned responsibilities,
- Delivery of site-specific process and procedures for the management of asbestos with advisory notes for any tenants, contractors and employees,
- Development and delivery of Communications Strategies,
- Design and delivery of Asbestos Training and Awareness Programs,
- Management briefings to ensure awareness of responsibilities,
- Induction training for new staff and contractors to ensure they are aware of asbestos containing materials in their workplace and the controls in place to manage the risk associated with materials, and,
- Training and awareness sessions to inform employees of the health risks associated with asbestos, the types and locations of ACM in the workplace, their responsibilities in implementing asbestos management controls.